Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Planting Time baby!!

Yeah. I have finally started to plant my garden. BUT FIRST. Look there's grass! We've ripped up our whole lawn and levelled out the dirt and planted new grass seed.  I planted it almost three weeks ago, but if you look back at a previous post, the white fluffly nasty stuff that isn't supposed to fall in May, did.  So now because of the bi-polar weather that Saskatchewan experiences we now have short sleeve weather and the grass and decided to grow!  Its pretty patchy in places, but it's a start.
Back to the garden.

corn seed
I went into town yesterday and purchased my garden seed. Brought it home and filled with pure joy that today is the day this garden will finally go in!  I brought my shopping bag of seeds out to the garden with an ice cold can of Nestea Iced Tea.  My son grabbed the can and took a swig while I was rototilling and placed the can upside down into the bag.  A half an hour later I went to plant my magnificent garden and all of my little seed packets were drenched to the point they had broken and all of the seeds were mixed together on the bottom of the bag.

Oh Joy, so back to town that evening, this time for soccer, I went and picked up more seed.  The little old teller lady must think I have one hell of a garden.

So the garden is seeded (minus the carrots, which I forgot to re-buy) and I am one happy farm girl!

I also noticed one tiny strawberry plant peeking through the ground. Then I remember how many more I should, then realizing that I had rototilled the whole damn area and completely forgot my strawberry plants!!



No comments:

Post a Comment